Thank you for your interest in THE ELEPHANT ROOM.
At THE ELEPHANT ROOM children have the opportunity to discover the world around them in a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. Imagination and communication are important components of all parts of the program with children learning new skills and solving problems on their own or in cooperation with others. We are committed to creating an environment that develops children's individuality by encouraging their growth emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually.
At THE ELEPHANT ROOM we believe that the strength of our program is in the dedication of our teaching staff. Our teachers create a caring and nurturing atmosphere and foster each child's creativity and positive self-image. We continually work to earn the trust placed in us.
At THE ELEPHANT ROOM the classrooms are spacious, cheerful, bright and inviting. We provide a high level of interaction with the children, with plenty of conversation, games, crafts and singing. Our day is full of happiness, entertainment, colour and activities where children feel safe and secure.Contact Us
During your child's stay in our program his/her educator will provide opportunities for you to come and discuss your child's progress. The following activities outline your child's program:
- Gross Motor (Large Muscle Movement)
- Cognitive/Fine Motor
- Circle/Group Time
- Dramatic Play
- Science/Special Events
Goals & Objectives
- To provide a safe, loving and stimulating environment that will strengthen and develop a child's learning potential and skills
- To encourage independence and self-esteem through positive interaction with adults and other children
- To meet the needs of the individual child, as well as the children as a group
- To offer a curriculum filled with original imaginative and fun learning activities
- To maximize parent involvement with the Centre and staff
- To encourage community involvement by supporting University and College student E.C.E. placements at our daycareContact Us